Anglicans in the Strathalbyn District
1851-1858 Attached to Blakiston, Incumbent: the Rev’d John Fulford
Anglican services were conducted in the Primitive Methodist Chapel by the Rev’d Alexander R. Russell, Incumbent of St John’s, Halifax Street, Adelaide as well as by Mr Fulford. Services were irregular and infrequent.
1861-1866 Under the care of the Rev’d Dr Basil T. Craig, the Bishop’s Missionary Chaplain. In 1861 monthly services were conducted in Bosisto’s Auction Room and the Court House in Rankine Street.
1866-1868 Part of the Echunga Mission. Minister in Charge: the Rev’d Henry Howitt. Services were conducted at the Robin Hood Hotel.
1869-1872 Part of the Meadows Mission. Minister in Charge: the Rev’d Charles G. Taplin.
1870 Christ Church, Strathalbyn licensed for worship.
1872-1874 Parish of Strathalbyn (with Wellington and Langhorne’s Creek). First Incumbent: the Rev’d Frederick Slaney Poole.
1877 Strathalbyn Mission. Missionary Chaplain: the Rev’d Henry Bevis.
1878+ Parish of Strathalbyn (with Langhorne’s Creek, Meadows 1880-1889, 1974+; Hahndorf 1884; Milang 1879+, Meningie 1885-1900; Finniss 1887-1971; Murray Bridge and Wellington 1880-1889; Macclesfield 1877-1903; Echunga 1880-1885.)
Information from “We Shall Gather By the River” by Canon D. van Dissel.